19th IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics ISCE 2015 – June 24-26 2015, UPM, Madrid, Spain
Main topic: The future of video applications
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society is pleased to announce the 19th International Symposium on Consumer Electronics. ISCE 2015 will provide a forum for researchers, system developers, and service providers to share ideas, designs, and experiences. Participation from academia, industry and government is welcome. ISCE 2015 invites submissions of technical papers (2 pages) for oral and poster presentations. Additionally workshops and special sessions can be organized in parallel with the workshop.
Papers reporting innovations and new developments in all areas related to Consumer Electronics are invited, including but not limited to the following topics:
Entertainment & Services: PVR, Cloud Services, Internet Integration, Home Robotics, Multimedia Control, Gaming Technology, Personal Multimedia Devices, Handheld & Wearable Computers, Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Applications for Connected TVs.
Image & Video Processing: Still & Video Cameras, Encoding/Decoding, Applications & Implementations, Error Correction & Concealment, Quality & Sharpness Enhancement, 3D Video, Color
Processing, Embedded Computer Vision, GPU Processing, Multicore Video Processing, Video Standards.
A/V Systems: Audio Applications, Content Indexing, Recording, Storage, Distribution, Transmission, New Digital TV Services, Hybrid TV distribution, Quality of Experience, Streaming & Video on Demand, Digital Rights Management, Watermarking, Immersive Technologies, Content Recommendation.
RF & Wireless: Antennas, Acquisition, Digital Modulation Systems, Interference, Equalization, Spectrum Usage, Software Radio, Wireless LAN, 802.11 Standards, Bluetooth, RFID, WPAN, UWB, Mobile Broadband, Next Generation Cellular, Cloud-based Communication, 4G LTE Communications.
Network Technology: Wired & Wireless Multimedia, Interconnects, QoS, Network Security, High Speed Signals & Interconnects, Peer-to-Peer, Personal Area Networks, Internet Appliances, Home Control, Bridges, Interoperability, Application Control, Privacy, Social Networks, Sensor Networking.
Automotive Entertainment, Safety & Information: Navigation, A/V Systems, Assistive Technology, Driver Assistance, Networks & Communication, Sensors and Control, In-Car Entertainment, Speech Interfaces, Automotive Camera Systems, Augmented Reality, Location-based Services.
Enabling Technology: Development Tools, Test Equipment, Power and Conventional Batteries, Energy Management, Smart Grids, Recyclable/Green Engineering, Intellectual Property, Embedded & Reconfigurable Hardware, Memory & Storage, Biometrics, Assistive Technology, Healthcare Systems, Human-Device Interfaces, Haptics.
- All papers in ISCE proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore for indexing. Please note that IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference. If the paper is not presented at the conference it will be removed from IEEE Xpore.
- Authors of accepted and presented ISCE 2015 papers are encouraged to submit enhanced and journal quality papers to the Transactions on Consumer Electronics. Authors should read the CE IEEE website http://cesoc.ieee.org/ and use the paper template. The paper should make reference to and give a clear contribution from the ISCE 2015 paper.
Chair and Co-Chair (Name, Affiliation, Contact e-mail address)
Chair: Thomas Coughlin, Coughlin Associates, email: email@example.com
Co-Chair: Soumya Kanti Datta, EURECOM, France, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract of Special Session
The current activities in IoT are focused on architecture and protocols for efficient interconnection of heterogeneous things and creation of value-added services. But the success of IoT strongly depends on adaptation of IoT products and services by consumers. Recognizing the importance of consumers and the benefits IoT can bring to the public, this special session emphasizes on consumer centric IoT approach. This special session will provide a platform for scientific community and industry experts to engage in creating an ecosystem which considers the consumers at the core IoT based products and services.
Topics and keywords treated in the SS for paper submission systems
- Consumer centric IoT: Consumer driven IoT ecosystem of smart objects, gateways, applications and services.
- Web Semantic technologies: Enriching M2M sensor data, linked data and semantic for interoperability as applicable for consumer electronics (CE) devices, users and applications.
- Security, privacy and trust:
- Solutions for CE devices used in IoT (mobile devices, home gateway) providing communication security, authentication, privacy, security.
- Trust issues for M2M gateway, Access rights to objects and security of M2M data generated by CE devices in IoT ecosystem.
- Software architecture: Architecture, protocols, middleware for efficient interconnection of objects to be used in IoT.
- Applications: Cross domain IoT applications for home automation, eHealth, smart city, smart grid etc.
- Wearable technologies: Wearable system design & display, interaction with smart devices, information processing from wearable devices.
- Fog Computing: Open source platforms and services.
- Standards for IoT and Fog Computing: ETSI, oneM2M and IEEE standards related works.